Testing tips for parents:
- Make sure your child gets a good night's rest the night before the tests and eats a good breakfast on test days.
- Encourage your child to do his or her best.
- Set high expectations.
- Remind your child of the importance of reading directions carefully and not rushing through the test.
- Know when tests are scheduled.
- Please do not schedule appointments, trips or interruptions during testing.
- Remind your child about the importance of test scores and how they can affect the future. It is not only a reflection of the school, it is also a reflection of each individual's performance.
- Praise your child for his/her efforts.
- Send your child to school with a smile!
- A Parent's Guide to Testing in Kentucky from KDE.
Important Testing Dates for 2019/2020
- Fall Testing - ITBS administration will be in September.
- Winter Testing - ACCESS for ELLS window is January 2 - February 7, 2020.
- WInter Testing - STAR Winter Benchmark testing window is January 6 - 17, 2020.
- Winter Testing - KDE FIELD TEST window for students in grades 3 -11 is February 24 - March 6, 2020.
- Winter Testing - ACT for Grade 11 is March 10, 2020 with make-up testing date March 24, 2020.
- Spring Testing - K-PREP for Grades 3 - 8 and Grades 10 - 11 testing window is the last 14 instructional days of the district calendar. For 2020, the testing window is tentatively May 5 - 21, 2020.
- Spring Testing - AP Testing at EHS will be the first 2 weeks of May. Times of administration will either be 8:00 am or 12:00 pm.
- EHS Finals will be determined in May 2020.
What is the K-PREP (Kentucky Performance Rating for Educational Progress) Test?
A component of the Kentucky Testing System, the K-PREP uses a blended model of norm-referenced test items and criterion-referenced test items and contains multiple-choice, extended-response, and short answer items for students in grades 3 - 8. Students in grades 10 and 11 participate in Writing on Demand.
District and Schools' School Report Card
The District and School Report Cards provide information on many areas regarding our schools and district. Data is displayed regarding test performance, teacher qualifications, parent involvement, etc.
To view the District and Schools School Report Card, please click this link. Select Learn More located below School Report Card. For the District Report Card, select Elizabethtown Independent from the District drop-down. To view an individual School Report Card, select Elizabethtown Independent from the District drop-down and then select the school you wish to view from the School drop-down.
Kentucky Department of Education's Open House
Click this link to access the Kentucky Department of Education's Open House, a resource of data on the schools and districts in KY, School Report CArd, KY Education Facts, and more.