Testing tips for parents:
- Make sure your child gets a good night's rest the night before the tests and eats a good breakfast on test days.
- Encourage your child to do his or her best.
- Set high expectations.
- Remind your child of the importance of reading directions carefully and not rushing through the test.
- Know when tests are scheduled.
- Please do not schedule appointments, trips or interruptions during testing.
- Remind your child about the importance of test scores and how they can affect the future. It is not only a reflection of the school, it is also a reflection of each individual's performance.
- Praise your child for his/her efforts.
- Send your child to school with a smile!
Important Testing Dates for 2019/2020
- Fall Testing - ITBS administration will be in September.
- Winter Testing - ACCESS for ELLS window is January 2 - February 7, 2020.
- WInter Testing - STAR Winter Benchmark testing window is January 6 - 17, 2020.
- Winter Testing - KDE FIELD TEST window for students in grades 3 -11 is February 24 - March 6, 2020.
- Winter Testing - ACT
- Spring Testing - K-PREP cancelled due to COVID - 19
- Spring Testing - AP Testing contact EHS for information due to changes because of COVID - 19
- EHS Finals
What is the K-PREP (Kentucky Performance Rating for Educational Progress) Test?
Kentucky public school state-wide accountability system depends on the testing of each and every student. Testing all students helps the state and local districts ensure that schools are serving all students and that gaps in categories of students are identified, addressed, and closed. A component of the Kentucky Testing System, the K-PREP uses a blended model of norm-referenced test items and criterion-referenced test items and contains multiple-choice, extended-response, and short answer items for students in grades 3 - 8. Students in grades 10 and 11 participate in Writing on Demand. More information to include the amount of time students will spend taking the assessments along with the tentative testing schedule may be found on the KDE website.
District and Schools' School Report Card
The District and School Report Cards provide information on many areas regarding our schools and district. Data is displayed regarding test performance, teacher qualifications, parent involvement, etc.
To view the District and Schools School Report Card, please click this link. Select Learn More located below School Report Card. For the District Report Card, select Elizabethtown Independent from the District drop-down. To view an individual School Report Card, select Elizabethtown Independent from the District drop-down and then select the school you wish to view from the School drop-down.
Direct link to the Report Card for the Elizabethtown School District.
Direct link to the Report Card for Elizabethtown High School. Direct link to the Report Card for T K Stone Middle School.
Direct link to the Report Card for Morningside Elementary School. Direct link to the Report Card for Helmwood Heights Elementary School.
Direct link to the Report Card for Panther Academy, Direct link to the Report Card for Valley View Education Center.
Kentucky Department of Education's Open House
Click this link to access the Kentucky Department of Education's Open House, a resource of data on the schools and districts in KY, School Report Card, KY Education Facts, and more.