Morningside Elementary School
karla.buckingham+etown.kyschools+us+Ms. Karla Buckingham
313 Morningside Drive
Elizabethtown KY 42701
- 2015/2016 MES Student Handbook
- 2015/2016 MES Dress Code Policy
- 2015/2016 MES Supply List
- 2015/2016 MES SBDM Council Members
- 2015/2016 MES SBDM Council Meeting Dates
- 2015/2016 MES School Improvement Plan
- Immunization and Health Exam Requirements for entering middle school
- To view the MES School Report Card, please click this link. Select Learn More located below School Report Card. On the screen that appears, under School Report Card, select Elizabethtown Independent from the District drop-down and then select Morningside Elementary School from the School drop-down.
Morningside Elementary School (MES), serving students in Grades 1 through 5, is a school family dedicated to providing a meaningful, enriching and successful education for all. We strive to focus everything we do on student achievement. As partners with our students' families and our community, we are creating a positive school culture.
Check this news story on MES and the Buddy Bench!
Mark Your Calendars for Morningside Panther Happenings! Click here.
We believe that it is our number one priority to ensure that every child is learning at his or her highest level. At each grade level, we apply best practice instruction and assessment to engage students in a meaningful and purposeful curriculum. A time period is set aside each day for implementation of the school's "Building Block" in which time is dedicated to providing Reading enrichment or intervention for each student. Other examples include differentiated instruction, readers' and writers' workshops, hands-on investigations and cooperative learning. Each day, visitors will see students writing, reading, exploring, experimenting, creating and performing. Each student also participates in music, visual arts and physical education instruction and activities. Gifted and Talented services, Reading Coaches, Reading Specialists and a Math Interventionist provide individualized instruction to ensure that each child will grow in all areas of his/her education.