Morningside After School Care Program
The Morningside After School Care Program (ASCP) is available for a reasonable fee to students enrolled in grades K through 8 in the Elizabethtown School District. ASCP is open on all school attendance days until 6:00 pm and is open on non-attendance days from 7:00 am – 6:00 pm. ASCP provides a safe and nurturing child care environment. Students have snacks, receive homework assistance, and participate in a variety of enrichment activities.
Established in 1997 (it’s a place for fun and
friends in the afternoon) is an
after-school childcare program that provides a safe haven for children after
Our program provides:
· State Licensed Program For EIS students, K-6 (Ages 5 to 12)
· Homework assistance Monday-Thursday
· Ongoing communication with teachers to increase student’s academic performance
· Balance activities to include structured and unstructured time, staff-directed and child-initiated experiences, and a range of activities such as centers, gardening, summer swimming, computer lab, summer field trips, etc.
· Capitalize on the interests of the children and opportunities for informal, social learning; A safe, supportive environment
· A devoted staff of state certified and CPR Trained staff who work with children year round
Convenient location at Morningside
Elementary (Bus transportation is provided bringing students from Helmwood
Heights Elementary and
· Use of community resources as much as possible; Big Brothers/ Big Sisters, 4H meetings monthly, Communities leaders giving presentations
· Provide indoor and outdoor space for active play, and places for socialization
· The Program is in operation on every student attendance day in which Elizabethtown Independent Schools are in session. The Program begins at 2:00 p.m. and ends at 6:00 p.m. on school days. In addition, the program operates on “non-school” days (Teacher Work Days, PD Days, Fall, Spring, and Summer Breaks). Hours of operation on “non-school” days will begin at and end at The Program is closed the 4th of July week, Christmas Break and major holidays. Morningside After School Program is available and affordable. With a year round schedule, your child does not have to be home alone but can enjoy the company of other children and have fun too!
Morningside Summer Day
Care (It’s the place you want
to spend your summers while parents are at work!) offers a variety of
organized activities, arts/crafts, life skills, community leader presentations,
computer lab, recreation, swimming, and field trips. When possible, the program will coordinate
with summer school and other summer programming available in our school system.
Hours of operation are 7:00am to 6:00pm week days. Our program is closed during the week of July
As school-age care professionals—and as caring adults—we seek to offer an environment in which children can grow to the best of their abilities, one which taps their creativity and strengths and allows them to excel.
The mission of our program is to expand the range of choices and opportunities that enable, empower, and encourage children to:
- Achieve positive growth and development;
- Improve expectations and capacities for future success;
and/or reduce risk-taking behavior.
The goals of the ASCP program are:
- To provide opportunities for learning positive social skills, demonstrating positive social interactions, and building positive social relationships through supervised sports, recreation, and other program activities.
- To provide opportunities for demonstrating positive social behaviors through adult and peer mentoring.
- To provide opportunities for parents and guardians to meet with staff to discuss their children's participation to strengthen parent/child bonds and community involvement.